Nothing to do today - but sweat


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 21st 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

No rush to do anything this morning so we are a bit later getting up and enjoy a liesurely breakfast at the Guest House. We always eat the same fried breakfast here but recently it has been getting more and more expensive and the size of the portions have been getting smaller. This morning we both decide to try something different and the days of the 'Big Breakfast' could well be numbered.
We go, out for a walk and buy a bunch of bananas at Bangkok prices - not too many banana trees around here to be fair. It is too hot and neither of us feel like walking far so back to the room to watch a film on TV.
Later on I decide to go for another short walk to the park just along the road but it is just too hot to enjoy anything and I am soon retreating to the aircon of the room.
Although we have changed our breakfast we still remain creatures of habit and we are off to our noodle shop for shop.
I spend about 30mins on the internet in the afternoon, again at Bangkok prices. and add another couple of days to this blog. Service is a bit slow to add photos. I dom check up on the aircraft that flew us here from Roi Et and it turns out that the SAAB 340B Plus was discontinued in 1998.
I get an enormous tuna submarine sandwich this evening then walk to a nearby chemist. I buy some Amoxycillin over the counter, once again at Bangkok prices, which are still a lot cheaper than prescription prices in the UK.
I phoned my Gloucester Docotrs late afternoon and have made an appointment for the Thrusday after we get back to be checked over.
Retire to the room and the TV.
Phone George but can get no answer. It is unlikely that we will get together for a beer now but will get in touch sometime to say goodbye.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb