A Casual Day in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 5th 2011
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Nat @ MBKNat @ MBKNat @ MBK

Giant Shopping Centre in Bangkok
Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

After a busy and tiring holiday, today Nat and I decided to take it easy, well, for the most part. The luxury of having curtains that actually kept out sunlight was most welcome. This helped us sleep in til around 9am. There had been rave reviews about the breakfast at Lebua and we were not to be disappointed. Everything you could really hope for, included in the room cost and of good quality. The only sad part was having to sit outside, next to the empty, 'under-construction' pool. It is our sworn mission to determine the reason for this pool atrocity. The pool sadness got us in the mood for some pool fun, and we took advantage of our hotels 'apology pool offer' - a free shuttle bus to use the Holiday Inn pool around the corner.
We splashed about a while and returned back to the Tower club for our complimentary feeding session (everyday 12-3 hot food/snacks/drinks, 3-6 afternoon tea).
At around 3, stuffed, we decided to venture off to MBK Shopping Mall via the train. The train was pretty good, not quite Hong Kong, and not as bad as Melbourne, but maybe as crowded.
We ambled around the massive mall for a few hours. This mall is HUGEEE some 7 stories high, and so long you cant see the other side.
Tired with shopping, we had our first Asian McDonalds full meal (decided against a Tuna or Corn Pie) and enjoyed an amusing taxi ride back to the hotel.
Its now time to sit back and watch a movie, included with our room fee. We're making a point of using every cent worth of entitlement, given the expense. It'll be an early morning tomorrow, a 6.30am pick up.
We have three full days left, and tours booked for two of them.
Saturday (tomorrow) will be Kwai River Crossing, Elephant riding & Tiger Temple
Sunday will be a rest day.
Monday will be the Bangkok Safari Zoo.
We're enjoying the final days of our tour. We've both had a great time so far 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Train ArrivingTrain Arriving
Train Arriving

Bound for National Stadium, near MBK.
Do NOT DisturbDo NOT Disturb
Do NOT Disturb

Electronic Version
Television ThemesTelevision Themes
Television Themes

The Waterfall. Comes with SOOTHING Music...


Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb