Day 2 - Heat, Shopping, Heat and a Lovely Cruise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 5th 2007
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Multicoloured Bangkok TaxisMulticoloured Bangkok TaxisMulticoloured Bangkok Taxis

Multicoloured Taxis in Bangkok
Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

Our second day was spent shopping at MBK and looking at Siam Paragon and Siam Discovery shopping centres.

At the kids insistence we tried KFC for a light lunch. Don't bother, the chicken burgers were even worse than here in Australia. It was the toughest, stringiest chicken we have ever eaten.

After a refreshing swim, we were picked up for our evening dinner cruise on the Loy Nava. The sight of the palaces and buildings lit up along the river was beautiful. The Thai traditional menu was very enjoyable and the whole evening was extremely pleasant.

After being dropped back at our hotel we decided to catch a taxi to Suan Lum night bazaar. The doorman arranged for a metered taxi, but as soon as we got in he turned off the meter! Again, following advice on these forums we asked him to turn it on, he refused and so we asked him to pull over so we could get out. At that point the meter was switched on and we had no further problems.

The bazaar was everything we had read about, lots of bargains, but again, terribly hot and very closed in. After about an hour we had had enough and returned to the hotel. We hailed a taxi and gave him the business card provided by Pathumwan Princess to tell him where to take us. He appeared to have no problems knowing where we were going, but luckily I glanced up at one point only to see us rapidly driving past our hotel!! We had to insist that he stopped for us to get out and walk. We have no idea where he was going to take us, presumably on a long round about way back to the hotel.

Beware of taxis in Bangkok.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Rama VIII Bridge from Loy Nava CruiseRama VIII Bridge from Loy Nava Cruise
Rama VIII Bridge from Loy Nava Cruise

Rama VIII Bridge from Loy Nava Dinner Cruise
Temples at Night from the Loy NavaTemples at Night from the Loy Nava
Temples at Night from the Loy Nava

View from Loy Nava Dinner Cruise


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb