Arriving in Thailand.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 17th 2016
Published: November 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast noodles.Breakfast noodles.Breakfast noodles.

These noodles were beautiful with shredded lettuce and mint, crushed peanuts, tofu, crunchy shallots and a sweet lemongrass sauce, yum!
The eleventh day started in Vietnam with a breakfast of noodles. It's funny that in the space of ten days I've gone from finding the idea of noodles as a breakfast food very strange to accepting it as a perfectly normal start to the day. In fact, I might even carry on this breakfast tradition when I get home!

The electricity had gone off in the hotel during the night, without aircon it made for a very very hot sleep. The owners were extremely apologetic and offered to pay for our taxi to the airport to apologise though I still gave them some money towards it as they had been so kind and the lack of electricity was not their fault at all. We left our bags in the lobby and found an air conditioned beer bar across the road to sit and wait in an attempt to cool off a bit. I think the owners were slightly disappointed when all I ordered was water!

We got to the airport in plenty of time which turned out to be unfortunate as our plane was delayed by an hour and a half, so we wandered the airport and bought a
Bangkok city from the plane.Bangkok city from the plane.Bangkok city from the plane.

My first look at Bangkok, I could see the traffic from the plane!
couple of last minute Vietnamese souvenirs. I felt wistful getting on that plane, Vietnam was such a wonderful experience and I can't imagine that I'll never go back again.

The flight itself was very short, and arriving in Bangkok we were struck by the language difference - whereas Vietnam uses essentially the same letters as English but with lots of 'squiggles' around them, Thailand uses a completely different style of writing. It is very beautiful though, seems to make every sign look like a piece of art.

Our hostel room was nice and spacious, though the hostel itself was in a slightly dodgy area. Apparently 'Nana' is the part of Bangkok people come to for the more seedier activities, however the staff were friendly and it sat just off the street so it was pretty quiet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb