Kamphaeng Phet Market in Bangkok also known as Kor Tor Market


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 1st 2014
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

After we were all finished with the cooking class day. The chef instructor from the Pro-Chef class took all of us to a fun excursion to one of the biggest and nicest Thai markets in Bankok. Kamphaeng Phet Market in Bangkok is located by the subway stop that has its name on exit 2. Full of colors, people, textures….lots of photo opportunites that would make you want to play all day. I kept falling behing the group and didn’t see anything that was shown to them as far as local fruits and vegetables but I had my own fun playing with dof.

Ranked the 4th best fresh market in the world by a famous travel guide, Or Tor Kor is so much more than a local market. Products displayed here are selected among the best found in the entire country. With such an incredible range of beautiful fruits, extremely fresh vegetables, meats and seafood, Or Tor Kor should be on the list of Must-See of any chef or budding Gordon Ramsey, and it's just next to Chatuchak Weekend Market!

Or Tor Kor Market is a nice place to stroll around, whether you are just browsing, taking photos, or actually doing some grocery shopping. Fresh, large-sized fruit of all types and varieties is what it is mostly known for, but you will also find a wide range of vegetables, seafood, pre-cut meats and flowers.

Snacks and Thai sweets are also plentiful, whether the traditional kind or modern varieties, such as kanom krok (grilled coconut pancakes), sticky rice sweets, steamed palm sugar desserts, kanom bueng (coconut crepes), and many more. Ready-to-eat meals come in all varieties, types and servings. Steamed fish curry custard, som tam, chili pastes, chili dips, fresh herbs and spices, green curry, red curry, vegetables stir-fried dishes, deep-fried fish, and grilled prawns are all available at Or Tor Kor Market.

Other highlights include ready-cut and custom-cut meats, seafood, fresh mackerel (plaa too), dried meats and the various condiments used in Thai cooking. There is also a small food court selling delicious Thai food, including braised duck noodles, fried oyster pancakes, pad thai and various noodle soups, although at a slightly higher price than most other places. Adjacent to the market, the Doi Kham shop features organic vegetables, spa products and other dry grocery items from the Royal Project.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.47s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 27; qc: 45; dbt: 0.129s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb