Back in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 22nd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone. Just a quickie to let you know that we're back in Bangkok again and the shores of Ko Samet are just a distant memory. The last couple of days haven't been too spectacular as poor old Glynn was still suffering with his ear. To counteract his stubborness at getting help for the pain, I snuck out to the 7-eleven shop and took a detour to the little health centre on the island where I picked up some antibiotics and ear drops for him. I'm please to say that they seem to be doing the trick and he's feeling much better already.

We had our last breakfast on the beach this morning and set out early to get the ferry back to the mainland. It was all going well until it was time to get off the boat. They just don't seem able to park their boats in sensible places in Ko Samet/Banphe and today was no exception. As we pulled aside the jetty, Glynn and I soon realised that we would have to climb up about 10 feet out of the boat with all our luggage. Somehow, with the help of some locals, we managed to hoist up our packs and then scramble up onto the jetty by climbing on a stack of old tyres and hanging on to a big rusty nail to pull ourselves up. It was most ungainly and a wee bit unnerving but we made it in one piece! We found the bus station a few minutes walk away from the pier (you've never seen such a makeshift pier in all your life, I tell you!) and 167 Baht each later we were on our way back to the capital in air conditioned luxury once more.

Arriving back at the Asha Guest House felt a bit like coming home as we know lots of people here already. We got our washing in the machine pronto as everything was smelling a bit musty from the island and ventured out to a giant Tesco superstore that we spotted from the bus. It was late when we got back so we plonked ourselves down in the bar and caught up with friends over a beer or two.

Tomorrow we need to sort out our travel north to Chiang Mai and we've a date at the cinema with our chums. So, what's new with you? We miss hearing from you all so please drop us a message when you have time as we now have time to write to people over the next couple of days. Hope to hear from you soon :-)

Advertisement



23rd August 2006

beach
hi kids we are glad you are having a nice time now i hope your ear gets better son had 2 parcels deliverd 1 with the tea set in did the one cup have a little chip in it the bit is in the box everythinels is ok back to yor ear if it dont get better go and see sombody to make sure there is nothink in it i no you are far away but i can still shout at you so get it checked love you both very much miss you loads love mom dad and lee x x x x x x x x x x x x x
26th August 2006

Glad you are having a good time and feeling better, we now have a kitchen at our house at last. Glynn now knows that not all sea is cold and murky just the uk....

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb