Ko Samet Photo Album


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
August 20th 2006
Published: August 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

FerryFerry
Ferry

Glynn attempts to look all noble as we set sail for Ko Samet on the little ferryboat.
FerryboatsFerryboats
Ferryboats

An array of colourful boats in the harbour at Banphe.
Ko SametKo Samet
Ko Samet

Our first glimspe of this tropical island. Wow!
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

How's this for our first beach? And it was only a few steps away from our bungalow too.
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

The view in the other direction!
BeachboyBeachboy
Beachboy

Glynn frolics daintily in the waves...
Bear BehindBear Behind
Bear Behind

Jish opts for a bit of naturism down on the beach.
Lady BoyLady Boy
Lady Boy

Jish tries his hand at being a ladyboy although I'm not sure this really counts!
Wrong Way roundWrong Way round
Wrong Way round

Oh dear, Jish gets it wrong again!
Dinner by the seaDinner by the sea
Dinner by the sea

Every night we got to sit by the sea and enjoy some tasty food. The Thai curries are delicious as are the fresh banana milkshakes. Yum!
Get Your GunGet Your Gun
Get Your Gun

Gynn gets friendly with Gun, one of the staff from Naga bar where we seemed to hang out rather a lot.
Fire showFire show
Fire show

Most bars and restaruants put on some sort of fire show. Even if there's only 2 of you in the bar at the time, the staff put on a great show. Impressive - until you see how many burns this guy has!
Tequila SunriseTequila Sunrise
Tequila Sunrise

It wasn't long till we hit the cocktails. Well, it was buy 2 get one free...
Tiny CrabTiny Crab
Tiny Crab

Some of the beaches on the island have lots of these little crabs living in the sand. This chap was no bigger than a 5p piece.
Island RockIsland Rock
Island Rock

As we walked along the coast, we came across these swirly rock formations that looked really cool.
Jungle IslandJungle Island
Jungle Island

The island is covered in lush tropical vegetation, even close to the shore.
Clear WaterClear Water
Clear Water

The water was so clear on some days that you could walk out neck-deep and still see your feet in the water!
Bedknobs and BroomsticksBedknobs and Broomsticks
Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Living by the beach means you get sand in everything (and I mean everything!). Every so often we even had to sweep the sand out of our bed!
Boxed inBoxed in
Boxed in

The mosquito net was to keep out the ants as much as the mossies! It wasn't too bad for mosquitos in our room as we had a friendly gecko to eat them all up!
French FriendsFrench Friends
French Friends

Dinner on the beach with our new French friends, Sandra and Regis. They've been travelling for a whopping 15 months but are now back in France.
Scratch the DogScratch the Dog
Scratch the Dog

Glynn rarely got to eat all his breakfast and instead donated his sausge and bacon to the local stray dogs. This guy we called Scratch - he was one of our 'regular' customers!
Walking the PlankWalking the Plank
Walking the Plank

As you can see, the pier at Banphe is a tad on the rickety side - we we worried about walking on it yet we saw jeeps driving along on the planks!


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb