Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 29th 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Bus RideBus RideBus Ride

Numerous altars for sale on the side of the road.
On Friday afternoon, we purchased tickets to Bangkok by bus. We spent the extra money for the VIP bus service which was supposed to be more comfortable with more leg room, etc. Each seat had its own monitor to view movies but there were none available in English, so Macayla watched Step Up Revolution in Thai three times in a row. I am not sure how she did it. Around 11pm, we stopped at a "rest area" and I noticed that I was not feeling so great; sore throat, headache, etc. The entire trip lasted about 12 hours and was fairly miserable. No matter how many times I do this type of long-distance trip, I can never get comfortable and the seats can recline to a horizontal position and it would make no difference. We arrived in Bangkok from Krabi at 5am. We spent two hours at the bus station just hanging out since I did not want to show up at our hostel so early in the morning. Then we took a cab to Lub*d (the hostel).

Made it to the hostel around 8am. They offered to hold our bags for us until 2pm which is the time we
Bus RideBus RideBus Ride

Tuk tuk driver.
would be able to get into our room. Not really the best news when you feel like crap. Since the hostel was in the Siam area of Bangkok, we chose to go to the several malls that are within walking distance. Wow...can Bangkok do malls! The malls here are amazing. My pictures do not even do the Siam Center justice.

Working with very little sleep and feeling terribly ill, we made our way back to the hostel and checked in. We stayed there for two nights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Bus RideBus Ride
Bus Ride

Hauling a truck load of fruit (rabutan).
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

Handbag shop.
Siam Center MallSiam Center Mall
Siam Center Mall

This store had dinosaur skeletons as their clothing racks.
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

Wooden tree in the center of this clothing store.
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

Wooden dome clothing store.
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

Metal hangers are the focal point in this clothing store.
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

A clothing store with a wall of glass bottles.
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

Metal wire and ribbons create a flower arrangement.
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

Staircase that lights up and plays music when you walk on it.
Siam CenterSiam Center
Siam Center

Alice-in-Wonderland-type table setting.
Bangkok Arts CenterBangkok Arts Center
Bangkok Arts Center

This statue is close to our hostel.


4th July 2013

Thanks for the updates
Love the pics and the updates! Malls are gorgeous, you're right they really know how to do malls over there. UAE is the same way, unbelievable how big and gorgeous the malls are. It's like they have all this money and nothing to do with it. So very glad you and Macayla are having a good time, stay healthy though. Miss you, we'll have to get together in December when we come home for our visit.
4th July 2013

Water looked amazing
The water looked amazing. Sounded like you had a great time. Sorry you weren't feeling better. Hope it has passed. Love seeing all the pics. Take care and be careful. Love you both.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb