Charlie Brown cloud still lurking


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 27th 2005
Published: April 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post


You would think after the last blog that would be it right????

Well not sure if it is Buddha, Vishnu, Allah, or who but someone is MAd at US!!!

Our day started with us getting up to go back to the old hotel that caught on fire and get our luggage, yeah no clothes, toothbrushes, nothing for all of yesterday, anyways go back there to climb up 16 flights, since the elevator is not running and get our stuff, Everything is covered in the residue left over after the smoke is settled, not nice!!!! But that is it......oh no...

Thinking the worst is over we headed to this shopping mall to get some last minute things for the plane tomorrow morning at 8:40am.

Everything going ok, when we are getting ready to pay the taxi and April begins to get out her door.......mistake!!!! There was another cabbie passing as she was getting out and her door took out the mirror on the other taxi....I KNOW.

So there we are with everyone staring at us, the cabbies yelling for 2000 Baht (50US) to pay for this mirror, and the language barrier and us trying to get them down( a typical Asian thing right barter) but they were having none of that , so there into thin air another 50 dollars US poof gone like a toot in the wind!!!

We are on the plane in less then 15 hours, I would like everyone who reads this to say a prayer to your people, who every it is, anything that you think will help us!!!@
To close on an upbeat note,we did get our plane tickets today which saved us froming having to pay a 100 dollar fee for needing them reissued, so we took that as a bonus, life is turning up to close on a positive note here are a few lyrics from one of my fav songs

Oh I can laugh ,when I aint got no money
I'm Happy go Lucky Me!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb