Bad news in three or fours or ....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 26th 2005
Published: April 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well this is not the last one, i will summarize the trip once i get home and can reflect, but this is a little taste of how things can go bad if one things goes bad!!!!!

the other day we try to book this nice hotel to spend the last few days in Thailand...they were supposed to get our plane tickets sent from Canada and that should be no problem right????
Well we get there a week before to drop off our bags before we head south to an island and pick up our tickets to know they arrived in Bangkok. Well there was a merry mix up and our reservation got cancelled, so there we were no rooms, and ofcourse they have no tickets for us, it happens that they refused our tickets two days earlier when they arrived in Fed EX.

Anyways we leave our bags and take off to the island right, we will get our tickets when we get back, during that time I did a Cardinal error leaving money in our bags...yes yes I know what you are thinking but this is reputable place and not thinking anything would happen it would be ok......well we get back to get our bags and sure enough, I never noticed until later, but the ziptie that I put on our bags was stripped and the little container I used for our slush fund was GONE (175US money) gone, I guess they needed it more that we did.

You would think this is enough, but no it gets better...
We have another hotel and it is nice, so nice that we are wanting to spend time and wait for our tickets to show up, enjoy the pool and the cable TV...so as we are waiting for our tickets to show up, I hear this little ring, the kind when someone is at your door back home, it goes away after 1 second, so i think it is the cleaning staff and they will know we are in here so no need to answer the door..


NOT the cleaning staff for the ring goes off again and it is a mix between a kids bike horn and a suffering duck on the fall...this time I go out to see what is up..


Not knowing what to expect I opened the door to a face full of smoke ( not the good kind you hippies are thinking about) the bad smoke smoke. So I calmly say to April " are you ready to go" She replies"ya whenever why??" I say " Well I think we do not have no choice the building is on fire"

So there we are scrambling to get our passports and cover our new clothes and grab a towel,(without the towel we might not have made it) we run down 16 floors to get out and save ourselves!! Yeah the 2nd floor of the building caught on fire, outrageous right??? yeah the no reservations the money getting stolen and now the hotel is on fire!!! If things could not get worse, our cabbie is taking us to Koh San to meet our friends ( turnsy and Serena) and sure enough the fan belt in the cab blows....

Well with 2 days to go we are ready top go home, either we out stayed our welcome and the Thais are saying beat it, or a higher power wants us to get home, either way we are left drinking our Chang beers, looking at each other say OH MY BUDDHA!!!

Home is 2 days, thank Buddha, or someone up there~!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb