Back in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 9th 2013
Published: February 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So here we are, Back in Bangkok - Khaosan Road!

We had a nice last few days in Kho Tao, explored the island a little bit on the moped but the roads were so bad and bumpy our backs were killing by the end of it from going over so many pot holes and it was quite dangerous as the roads were mainly just sand when you got to the viewpoints and edges of the island.

We managed though and got a few nice pictures. We then started to think about how we were going to get from Koh Tao to Bangkok as I think its about 500km! We had a look at a boat to Chumphon and then a bus which only costs 1000baht which is 20 pounds but the bus journeys are hell and you can never sleep so out of interest we had a look at the price of flights from Chumphon to Bangkok. We found one for the day before we were planning to leave which was about 25 pounds and so decided we should leave that day instead as that was a much better option than a long bus journey. We decided to go down to the ferry port to see how much the ferry to chumphon was and then depending on that we were going to book the flight after wards.

To get the night ferry it would only cost 6 pounds each and we would arrive at Chumphon at about 6am and then have about a 3 hour wait for the flight which was perfect! Wahoo!

However, we mopeded back to the internet cafe to book the flight, and within about 15minutes, the price of the flight had DOUBLED! argh! So now we had a night ferry booked for the following night and could no longer afford the flight! ... This pretty much sums up the amount of bad luck that we have had this last few weeks of the trip ha!

So anyway, it took the rest of the day changing boats and arranging trains etc for the following day but we got it sorted and it actually turned out really well!

The sleeper trains in Thiland are SO much better than in Vietnam! We got a second class sleeper but it was the best nights sleep ive had in ages! So now we are in Bangkok with two days left and are about to head out and party our last night away 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb