Back to Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 30th 2012
Published: December 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we slept in a bit, then had a great breakfast at the hotel. We decided at breakfast to see how much it would cost for the car back to Bangkok, instead of the train. it wasn't too bad and would get us in several hours before the train and would be much more comfortable, so we booked it. We were scared if the train was late (and it seems everything here is late) that we would miss our excursion that leaves at 7:30pm.

We then packed (since the car was leaving earlier - 1:15) and that would only be a couple minutes after our massages. We signed up for an hour foot massage and an hour thai massage. Each massage was $15. wow. We got there for our massage and well they were running late. ;-)

What they did was just a 2 hour massage. now I truly wish I had a picture of what we had to wear, these giant purple pants and our own top. We looked funny. The massage beds were a low pad near the floor. I have to say this was one of the best massages I have ever had. I have never had a massage where the person climbed right up on the table to massage you. Nor have I had a massage where knees and feet where used to help with the massage (mostly it was hands,elbows and arms) but knees and feet were also involved. The massage lady sat between my legs and worked on each leg individually. She would put the leg into a stretch and then massage it in the stretch... Boy, could I have used the leg massages after my big bike runs. I've never ever had my legs massaged that way. The foot portion of the massage was a little painful. There were other painful parts, but mostly the massage felt great but even the painful portions had great benefits. Sometimes, it takes a bit of pain to get the muscles to relax. Shelly and I both agreed this was a wonderful experience. We finished up, ran to the room and checked out.

Our car was already here and they loaded us up and off we flew. And we were flying down the road. I'm writing this as we go. I'll save it for later to post. this way I can just cut and paste and not have to think and type then. shelly described the driver as how fast can you go, how close can you get to the car in front without slamming on the brakes and how often can you change lanes. She said it was like he was trying to win a video game.

More funny stuff about Thailand. Yesterday as we were driving down the road in the van, we would pass a car and at the same time we would get passed. Yes, this was a 2 lane road. We also passed when another car was coming in our direction(we weren't double passed then). it seems everyone just moves over and uses the shoulders of the road for the extra room. It just seems part of the culture. if you see someone coming up to pass you, you move to the side and ride part in the shoulder and then everyone has room.

wow, our new hotel is great. we checked in and came to the room and then went down for a drink. posting this, then taking a nap, then a bangkok night lights tour. more tomorrow and hopefully more pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.1164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb