End of Holiday


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 12th 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have spent the last 10 days in Flores and central Bali.

We went to Flores (Labuan Bajo) for diving with slightly low spirits after the disaster that was Lembogan but Flores did not dissapoint. It was the best 3 days diving either of us had experienced and was a perfect finale to the holiday. We were only planning on Toby doing 2 dives and Connie doing maybe 4 but we ended up both doing 6 because what we saw was simply amazing.

Our guide before we started diving asked us what we wanted to see. So we requested manta rays and jokingly frog fish. 2 dives later, we had seen 7 manta rays and 2 frog fish. Not a bad start really. We then went to Rinca to see Komodo dragons and saw 11.

The next day our request was sharks as we hadnt seen very many in the other dives we had done on the holiday. 2 dives later we had seen over 25 sharks (white tips, grey reef and bamboo).

We had then done all the dives we thought we were going to do and said goodbye to the dive school staff but while we were sat at dinner we both decided there is no way we couldnt dive again. So at 7pm, we rocked up and booked another 2 dives. On these 2 dives we saw another 5 mantas rays and the prettiest dive site either of us had ever seen, it was a perfect end.

We then flew back to Bali to meet up with Matt, Linda, Vera and Kersten (who we had travelled with for 4 weeks) to say goodbye. We all met up in Ubud which was a very different experience to the Bali we knew as there was actually some culture here. We spent the evening catching up and the next day looking around and seeing some of the temples.

That brings us up to date and we are now sat in Bangkok with only 7 hours left until our schedulued departure time. It has been an incredible holiday and one that neither of us will ever forget.

Hope to see you all soon

Lots of Love

Tobes and Cons xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb