Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 26th 2012
Published: July 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Thailand, has to be one of our favorite places to vacation!!!

The Thais are amazing people, friendly and are always smiling...

Cleiton likes to describe Bangkok as a big, intense, dirty ( in the good way) city!!!

if possible, try to stay by a BTS/Skytrain station. But taxis are cheap!



Taxis: At the airport, go outside arrivals and follow signs to Public Taxis. Do NOT book the private cars ( too expensive)

In the city, make sure they turn the meter on! Or sit there until they do, or pretend you are taking a picture of their license, that will make them turn the meter promptly. LOL They don't like it, but it works. Sometimes, they like to take the Farangs (foreigners) for a ride.



Thai Cooking Class: Baipai Thai Cooking School

They pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. Great instructors and prices are reasonable. We did it twice and loved it!

www.baipai.com



We also did an all day tour to visit the Floating Market, Tiger Temple, bathed elephants and other things. Great and sweet guide was Nook... https://www.facebook.com/nook.tourguide



JJ Weekend Market (Chatuchak Weekend Market) is a must!!!! We always shop more than we were planning!



Phuket was very nice, we were there during Pride Weekend and also went to the Phi Phi Island. Phi Phi was amazing, but unfortunately, overwhelmed with tourists.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb