Rio


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cleiton is Brazilian, and he says that Rio is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. But unfortunately, NOT safe.

Our only advice, is take with you whatever that if you lose, or get stollen it will not be missed. So if you care about that expensive watch, rings, jewelry, etc LEAVE IT in the hotel. Our money ALWAYS, goes in our socks ( which has saved our behinds before).



Ipanema and Copacabana is where most tourists hang. Ipanema is much more gay. Rua Farme de Amoedo is the gay street, which is between Posto 8 and 9 ( life guard stations), also the best gay beach ( voted one of the Top 10 in the world).



Rio is so expensive, the only cheap thing is still the food! Enjoy your Churrasco (brazilian BBQ) and Caipirinha ( Brazilian Drink made with Cachaça - rum). Don't be afraid of trying some lanchonetes ( little restaurants everywhere), full of locals eating and it's always good and cheap food! :-)



Both Cristo Redentor ( Christ the Redeemer) and Pão de Açúcar ( Sugarloaf) are breathtaking! We like to go there, around 5-6PM and watch the city lights come on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb