Ko Si Chang to Bangkok via Rough Seas


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 26th 2011
Published: December 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Boxing Day started off with an early breakfast following by Thai massage for us two, while Rick went in search of fresh squid (fish bait). I went for aromatherapy massage which was heaven, Lee was advised he needed something more hardcore, with his back problems, so ended up with some kind of torture involving steaming hot compresses, ouch! All very theraputic - we will see. Next picked up mopeds and dropped me off to beach while boys fished.

Beach to myself for quite a while, woman tried to sell me a massage, dont I look like ive just had one?! Alas it was soon time to get some lunch then ferry back to mainland. Seas still choppy! Said our goodbyes to Tom and his family who are all so lovely. Patted Hairy Macleary one more time then headed for the Port just in time to make the ferry.

Waves huge! crossing not too bad but Rick and Dawn got wet a few times from rogue waves then Lee got called to see the Captain?! What has he done, cant leave him for 5 mins. its ok its Tom's mum on phone, left his glasses at guesthouse and she is panicking. fortunately he has spares, next to the bus station to get the 4pm to Bangkok. Then the Skytrain and finally a tuk-tuk to Bangkok station.

Usual chaos in Bangkok, fumes, traffic and someone doing a public keep fit class on the pavement - in the fumes!

Got to the train in plenty of time, unfortunately it left around an hour late.

We soon found the 'dining car', one of the Chicken dishes can out looking a little bit like Squid - because it was squid - easily confused. Couple of Leo Beers and time for bed.

Tomorrow Laos...............

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb