Christmas Day in the Sun!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Si Chang
December 25th 2011
Published: December 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Found a nice local place to eat, nice and simple, only thing on the menu Korean BBQ !

Merry Christmas - bright sunny, hot and not a sign of tinsel or frost!

Christmas morning spent by the sea. Lee and Rick caught several small fish - neither are quite sure what they caught but they had large teeth. Rick managed to catch many rocks again today!

Dawn had a nature stroll with 2 local dogs (one with a broken leg in plaster and halo (see picture) and managed to flush out a few reptiles)

later in the day we had a very close encounter with a very large green snake (too close for comfort - and not sure quite what it was)

Sea beautiful, but very choppy bit worried about crossing over to mainland tomorrow if this windy weather keeps up!

Christmas Lunch was a feast of fried snapper fish, chicken and basil curry and roasted pork and rice. All cooked by the locals. Very traditional and substainable way to eat out on the Island.

Tonight we have the choice of having a traditional Christmas Dinner at a restaurant run by a European, who seems on the face of it, trying to price out the locals and developing the tourist trade in a non substainable way.

Although i might be gagging for some lovely French wine he is not getting my baht tonight! - Dawn


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb