Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 2nd 2011
Published: December 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi All, writing from Bangkok!

Its our third evening here now and we are having a great time! Last night we went out in a very backpacker full area and met some english and american people! Was a really fun night but spent most of today recovering from it!! It is very hot here getting up to the late 30s and early 30s even at night!! Yesterday we trekked across bangkok to get to the Thai Immigtration building so that we could extend our visas, and even though we had a long wait and a 2000baht fee we managed to get them extended until the 5th of Jan which is perfect! We even managed to get back on the thai public transport and it cost us 4 baht each which is about 80p for a half an hour journey! Then we went to Bangkoks beautiful Lumphini Park and had a stroll round until we were so thirsty we had to leave! Tomorrow we have a thai cooking class booked for the afternoon and we're learning to cook Pad thai and sweet and sour shrimp! I'm really excited for that! Then we leave on Sunday to go down to Koh Phi Phi and travelling by bus and train which will take a total of about 14 hours! Then we have to get a ferry across adding another two hours so its safe to say we'll be pretty tired by the time we get there! We met a lovely thai lady who works in the tourist office next to our hotel and she's been so helpful and booked all our tickets for us and told where to and more importantly where not to go!

We've seen so much weird and wonderful things here, there are thai brides everywhere. Old english, german and american men with their teenage beautiful girlfriends, it actually makes me feel a bit sick! There's also people walking around selling birds in a cage and I've decided if i see them again I'm going to buy them all and set them free! (depending how much they are but its a nice thought). The food is fantastic, they have bikes with food on them riding round the streets all day and one particular one sells fried bugs of all sorts, gross! Sophie said that if i buy her one she will eat it so will be doing that tomorrow!! Its safe to say there is a LOT of stuff to do here in Bangkok but we just dont have the time (nor the energy) to do it all! If we had longer here I'm sure we'd get to see all the markets, parks and temples but at the moment we have only managed to see a few. However, we still have saturday and sunday so we'll fill in as much as we can. I wouldn't want to stay in Bangkok much longer its quite crowded and smelly and even though we havent got in to any trouble as of yet (yes mum, touch wood) i do find myself constantly on guard which can be tiring in itself!

Anyway, that's it for now, will probably write another blog entry once I get to Koh Phi Phi. I hope everyone is well at home and not missing me too much :P Lots of love to you all as always

Yours Travelling

Sarah 😊 xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb