Celebrations with the King


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 13th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

twotwotwo

second
Bangkok has gone yellow. Yes it's the celebration of 60 years on the throne for the King of Thailand.

We arrived at the airport and took a bus in to town and were welcomed by picture after poster after sign of the king's face adorning every possible place. When we were walking to our lodgings, the king was taking a trip down the river on his royal barge with his synchronised paddlers doing their royal rowing to get him accross the river. The barge is only used on very special occasions and he had many other royals to celebrate his reign. Our representative from the UK was prince Andrew. We took a walk in the evening, to check out where the vietnamese embassy was and the police shut off a very busy 3 lane road and ten minutes later, a cavalcade of one royal family passed by, then another going the other way, but that one might have just been a sultan, who could tell. Anyway we were welcomed to thailand with royal celebrations. Ok, this first message is quick to test the new travel blog, so we'll add new photo's soon and give you all some updates asap.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

photophoto
photo

first attempt
Two towersTwo towers
Two towers

Arty farty shot of the two towers


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb