Arrived!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 6th 2011
Published: October 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!

We arrived in Bangkok a couple of days ago and I thought I'd post a quick message to let you know how we are getting on. Our flight went really well (except for the turbulence) and we arrived on Tuesday afternoon.

We got lost in the airport by doing exactly the same thing as we did 3 years ago and realised quickly that not much would have changed since last time we were here!

We got our Vietnam Visas sorted out and thought that would be the last difficult thing to organise. To celebrate we went for a walk by the river when we found out that it had burst it's banks and water was flowing onto the side walk. It turns out the weather has been so bad the last month (not that we have noticed, sunshine so far) It's impossible to get to Northern Thailand so our plans have had to take a change. Instead of going to Vietnam via Chaing Mai we are going Via Cambodia now, it should be exiting though because we will be visiting a brand new place to report back on sooner.

The delay did mean we had time to go to the floating market today, It was about 2 hours outside Bangkok and was something completely different. Why anyone would want to have a pan of boiling oil between their legs on a rickety wooden boat was beyond us though. The Rickshaw which took us there was a long way from the Jolley Rodger, picture a Canoe with a car engine tied to the back, there were some Glum faces in the Boat when we hit any waves! My Red Pork Noodle soup from a boat lady was good and so far no consequences! Only managed to get one photo on because I'm useless, but will try again next time!

Current Pool score Adam 1 Emma 1 Draws 1

Next stop Cambodia, goodbye for now...

Love, Adam and Emma

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb