Goodbye Bangkok (Day 5)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 4th 2011
Published: January 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, 4th January 2011


For once, we decided to have our breakfast at Bangkok Loft Inn during the final day our stay. Never mind that it came with a 150 baht price tag per person as meal plans were not part of our room package. This was one of the few occasions where money was well spent as the spread was absolutely delicious.

After our meals, it was time for us to say goodbye and depart to the airport for our early afternoon flight back to Singapore. For something different, we decided to try out the new Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link which cost 85 baht per person. Barely 4 months into operation, the Airport Rail Link was efficient and reliable in beating the morning traffic blues. The whole journey including transfers from the Sky Train network took roughly 75 minutes to complete the run.

All in all, we had a lovely time in Bangkok given that most of our experiences were clearly off the beaten track. This trip has reaffirmed that there were options other than the usual shopping and massage routines in Bangkok.

I’m certainly glad to have done something different this time round and to satisfy my passion for all things Trains. Of course, this would not have been possible without my resourceful travel mate and her willingness to give up modern comforts in return for an authentic Thai experience.


Dollars & Sense

Cathay Pacific Air Tickets: SGD 306
4 Nights @ Bangkok Loft Inn: SGD 100
Expenditures: SGD 105

Total: SGD 511

(1 SGD = 22.80 Baht)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb