Back in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 26th 2006
Published: April 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, we're back in Bangkok. we've been here a couple of days and we leave tomorrow for Australia. Bangkok is nice but we havent really been enjoying it becase we have so many last minute things to do.

HAHAH here is a funny story .... last night we were walking around Khoa sarn road which is like the backpackers street. there are tons of guest houses and strret vendors and most importantly white people. So anyways we decided we wanted a curry dish because we would shortly be leaving thailand. Lots of the restaurants here have a podium thing outside with a menu on it so you can read what they have then decide if you want to eat there. We checked out a couple places but werent amazed by any so we kept walking. After about another 5 minutes we came accross a place that looked clean and nice and modern but there was no menu outside so we went in. just about every single person in the place turned and starred at us. then some guy said " can i help you" ( he said it like he thought we were lost or something) so i said " yes, can we see a menu" so he told us that the menus were at the back by the stairs. So with all eyes on us we walked to the back. when we got to the back marie said she thought the place was wierd and i said yes why are they all starring at us. so we opened the menu and it wasnt even in english..... it was in Hebrew. so then we put 2 and 2 together. As we were walking out we realized that everyone in there was jewish and wore one of those little hats!!! so embarrassing.

Grammy we went to a movie at a theater. The theaters in bangkok are way nicer than Edmonton, they are bigger and ncier and you can put the arm rest up and you can recline a bit. Plus it only costs 3 dollars Canadian, i think we are goign to go to another movie tonight.

marie and i also got hair cuts. The sun and salt water is super bad for your hair. We needed it badly.

we were also asked to be in a Thai music video. we thought it would be fun and we were going to be paided 6 bucks!!! we then thought about it and decided it wasnt a very good idea. we didnt get a very good vibe from the guy. He claims he was a bad guy in a james Bond movie and he personally knows mel gibson and all this other stuff and he has produced hollywood films....... ya right.

we leave tomorrow for Australia. I cant wait for the plane food ( im not being sarcastic, its good)

i'll let you get on with your life now

Em

Advertisement



26th April 2006

Can't wait to hear from you Down Under
Hi Em, I am glad you will be in Australia soon. Say hi to Cody for me!! Make sure you and Marie let us know you arrived safe and sound as soon as you can. Love you lots. Auntie xoxoxoxoxox
4th May 2006

Australia
Hi Emily, Sorry to hear about Marie being hospitalized but you did the right thingby not ignoring the situation. That GI bug can be very very bad!You must be so well informed re Thailand by now. Pum and Jaleena went on an elephant ride , It was muddy so Pum was afriad the elephant would slip and fall, of course he didn't. Pum was scared and Jaleena wanted to go again. It's much too hot for Pum there now but they are staying til May 29th. Have you gone on any "walkabouts" there in Australia? I understand that's what they do there. Do you like it there? Tell us all about it!. Love, Auntie Merle

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb