Shopping


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a day full of shopping (although I was thinking of shopping in China but that didn't stop the others). Shopping fever had struck. We explored every floor of MBK and nearly every shop. Bags were very very expensive here, although the new DSi was about $189 Australian and you could buy 100 games for about $44 dollars Australian. We then decided to venture out of the shopping centre at about 3 O'clock and went shopping at the discount jewellery store (ThaiLocal). They had some lovely stuff at great prices (times are hard hear in Bangkok and they were desperate to sell). I got a few silver pendants for a great price (and they don't take up too much room in the suitcase). We then decided to go to the night markets and grab a few bargins. We managed to squeeze in another foot massage which was heaven after walking around all day. Mum and Pam bought a few more bags (don't know where they are going to put them, they are already worried about excess baggage and Mum is bringing back some of my stuff). They got some great bargains with me playing the bad cop and telling them to hurry up - there were plenty more bag shops around that we could go to. The locals just wanted a sale so they came down over 2/3 in price for the bags. We then dumped our stuff back in the hotel and with squeaky thongs (our feet were still oiled from the massage) we headed out for a bit of Korean food (you cook your own food which was an experience.) We had a few giggles as we walked back to the elevator, thongs squeaking, through the very quiet lobby. Tomorrow we are getting up super early (we are being picked up at 5am) to go on our breakfast with the monks tour at the Tiger Temple.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb