A Last Night in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 1st 1989
Published: August 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Riding in a Tuk-TukRiding in a Tuk-TukRiding in a Tuk-Tuk

Riding in a Tuk-Tuk around Bangkok
Our last day in Thailand was a busy one of shopping, checking for mail and getting our hair cut. And what a hair cut. I asked for short, but short by Thai standards means a few millimetres off bald. I cried my eyes out afterwards.

In the evening we went to the sex / shopping district and this time we decided that we would actually go into one of these clubs as people had continuously been telling us that you had to see what went on to believe it. They were right. The 'show' consisted mainly of near naked women dancing around, interrupted every so often by additional pieces of entertainment like shooting golf balls from you know where and doing unspeakable things with sparklers or other weird and wonderful objects.

After a while, some other girls took over and they left the stage and set about propositioning the blokes watching. They sat down on our knees and started making all sorts of obscene suggestions, refusing to take no for an answer. In the end the only way we could think of to get rid of them was to hold hands and tell them "We're gay, honest we're gay, now please go away!"

When we set about leaving, the doormen tried to make out that our beers were in fact £50 each, despite the fact that we were actually clued up on that scam and had checked the prices earlier. We obviously picked the right approach when we decided "what the hell" and launched into a shouting match, as they quickly receded and charged a pound each.

After picking up our stuff from Khao San Road we headed to the airport. It stuck us as being sensible to kip there rather than spending the night in a hotel and then having to leave at four in the morning. A night in Bangkok airport - or any airport for that matter - was boring, uncomfortable and a complete drag.

Andy managed to expose one of the camera films and we lost all the photographs going right back to the floating market. The rest of us, especially Tiny and I, were not impressed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb