Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 15th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

We've had quite a hectic week since the last entry so no opportunity to upload photos over the next few entries - we will in time so keep checking! But we thought we'd keep you updated on what we've been up to.

From Siem Reap we crossed the border into Thailand and Bangkok - quite a laborious journey with lots of different buses to catch and a fair amount of confusion! Luckily though we were with a large group of tourists who were all confused so we stuck together and worked it out in the end.

We spent two nights in Bangkok in a very nice hotel in an area where the majority of tourists stay. On our first evening we just wandered around the many market stools and treated ourselves to some more Western food for a change! After a lot of travelling in the previous week, we made the most of the hotel and spent a lot of time just relaxing and recouperating. On our only full day there we walked to the famous palaces which were very ornate and impressive, but again we found the heat and humidity challenging so took lots of breaks in nicely air-conditioned shops/restaurants. We both liked Bangkok from the small amount we saw, and heard from others that the tourist area where we had been was by no means the nicest either unsurprisingly.

On our final night we spent a fair amount of time planning the next stages of our trip and booked a 12 hour overnight 'VIP' bus to Phuket which we took on wednesday.

A and R x



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb