Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 15th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

The overnight bus was smooth although they randomly decided to stop at a service station at 1am in the morning! We were alo impressed with Bangkok bus station, which was more like an airport, with a huge complex of shops and restaurants.

The bus dropped us off in Phuket town and from there we got a shuttle bus to Kata beach, the nicest of the numerous beaches down the Phuket western coast. And it certainly was impressive - neither of us had seen sand so white and sea so clear and blue. The sand was almost like talcum powder! And we booked ourselves into a hotel which was right on the beach which was ideal. We could see why Thailand has become such a massive tourist destination, and ironically the tourists were the only thing which spoilt it.

We spent 3 nights in Phuket, wandering around the shops, lying on the sand and swimming in the sea. On saturday we did a day trip to Phi Phi islands, catching a boat which took about an hour there and back. At one point the boat stopped (at 'Maya' bay where the film The Beach was filmed) and Ryan jumped off and did snorkelling in the sea. This was pretty amazing as there were millions of brightly coloured fish swimming around. Amy was scared of the fish though (and didnt know how she would manage it with her glasses on) and stayed on the boat! The Phi Phi islands were incredible - just like how you imagine remote tropical beaches to be - we'll upload the photos when we get chance!

From Phuket, we decided against travelling overland through Malaysia and booked ourselves onto a direct flight to Singapore.

A and R x




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb