Homeward bound


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 30th 2009
Published: June 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last day, didn’t sleep that well, disappointed it is over already, can’t believe it went so quickly. Christine is packing and I need to go and buy a bigger bag and ring Eulong. Took Harry and Corry, got them some breakfast and the extra bag. Got onto Eulong and arranged for him to pick us up at 12.00. Isabella and Liam were awake, so we went down for second shift breakfast, they had coconut sticky rice and fruit shakes.

Eulong, Oi and their driver picked us up, took us for lunch and back to their shop where they spoiled the kids. Great lunch and really nice to see them. They drove us to the airport, there in good time and no hassles. Although we left Bangkok early last time, it has grown us this time.

In thirty five days we have been to four countries, stayed in twelve locations, travelled on three overnight trains and one overnight bus. We have taken over 6000 photos. The time has gone so fast.

The best scenery, Nong Khiaw, Laos. The best location, Koh Siboya. The best things to do, Flight of the Gibbons, cruise up the Nam Ou, ride a bike through a village or town, the sound and light show in Kanchanaburi, have a chat to someone preparing a curry in a market, arrive in a location before 6.00 am and watch them wake up, find a fresh food market in the early morning, try a food when you have no idea what it is.

The best foods, anything from that restaurant in Kuala Lumpur, Fried tom sum at Koh Siboya, The Betel Leaf pack of things to wrap in Banglamphu, The sticky rice custard from Bangkok Noi railway market, Red Curry from the lady at Kanchanaburi market, Pad Krapow gai in Ayatthuya, Roti in Khon Kaen, Paneang Curry in Chiang Mai, and anything grilled on a stick (well, chicken and pork anyway).

Special people, everyone at Koh Siboya, everyone at Bangkok House, Yuth in Kanchanaburi, Doon in Nong Khiaw and Eddie at Baan Namping.

The saddest sights, a woman knocked off her Scooter in Vientiane, a mother with new baby begging late at night in Chiang Rai.

I would be disappointed if I never revisited Koh Siboya, Luang Prabang, Nong Khiaw and Chiang Mai.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Nam OuNam Ou
Nam Ou

River trip, Luang Prabang to Nong Khiaw


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb