BANGKOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 29th 2009
Published: December 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I LOVE BANGKOK!

it is so cool here! never a dull moment and always something to see or do! we arrived in good time and adam had a few tricks up his sleeve for gettting through immigration quicker. everyone went to the closest one but if you keep walking to the next gate about a 5min walk it was practically clear. and the airport was massive! absolutely humoungous! we thought we had lost our bags as they had changed the belt number from the one they told us on the plane but we soon realised and found a bus that went to khoa san road as the tram that is being built that adam thought was up and running still wasnt finished and wont b until next year. its alot more humid here than india and it doesnt cool down much in the evening. we checked in to a bit more of an expensive hotel for the first night with aircon and tv, and we panned to get up early the next morning and explore a bit more for cheaper accomodation. but disaster struck in the form of a bucket! story goes that adam conned me in to drinking three of the things not telling me how potent they were. so three buckets later i stagger up khoa san road back to the hotel! consequently i wasnt too well the next day at all so much so i couldnt get out of bed and our plan to hunt out a cheaper place to stay went to pot! in the afternoon i had managed to wash out the alcohol with loads of water and i was ready to tackle bangkok. i loved it. everyone was so much friendlier and the sellers dont hassle you as much and eveyone wants to help you. we went to the MBK centre by tuk tuk which was insane. they are alot bigger than the ones in india and they FLY! its brilliant! the roads are alot more organised and dont seem as dangerous either. MBK is something like 6 floors high each floor is massive it has an arcade, a food centre, a cinema, so many shops (genuines and fakes). so thats where we spent most of the afternoon. we came back and got enticed in to a fish massage which was the weirdest thing. these fish, they call them doctor fish, kind of like nibble the dead skin off of your feet but it feels like they are sucking. it tickled me way too much and basiclaly giggled the entire time but adam said that he enjoyed it. it was just too weird.

the next day we got up early and went sightseeing. we walked to the closest pier as khoa san is quite near the river and from there caught a boat down to wat po! where there is the grand palace, the emerald buddah, and the reclining buddha which was awesome. we thought it was just going to be a medium sized thing but when we walked it to the temple it was absolutly ginormous! you could have lived in just its head! it is 46m long and 15m high. you sort of walked around the front and the along the back. when we were walknig along the front that was some kind of (what i thought was) jingly music being played. turns out all along the back are these sort of mini black cauldrons (exactly 108) and apparently its good luck to drop a penny in every one of them. so that was what the noise was. although me and adam are still arguing about whether they were dropping in pennies or little stones, i say pennies (if anyone knows which please let us know). the entire place was surround by great towers that were so inticate. it was just staggering. and around the outside of the reclining buddha there all these standing buddhas all gold and then there was one black one at the end. we didnt know what this means. so ive been reading loads on buddhas but still no answer (again if anyone does know anything about this please let us know.)

after on to siam square, which was even bigger than MBK. all designer shops which made me sad because i wanted to buy things. but anyway in this one shopping centre we saw at least 5 mc donalds! it was insane. it even had an aquarium. we didnt spend long there after we realised we cudnt afford to go in the aquarium which we really wanted to do. so we started heading out to catch a taxi back to khoa san. the queue was so long, we thought it was be a good idea to walk away from siam which was heaving to find a taxi. didnt work. we got distracted by this square with lots xmas decorations and bands playing. by the time we realised it was getting dark and it was the middle of rush hour. rush hour was truly a sight to see! an unbelievable amount of cars. i dont know why they even bother. we hopped on a skytrain which is soo easy and prayed that the boats would still be running along the river. luckily they were. it is such a cool way to travel around and cheap.

during this time we have also booked a bus down to the islands so at 6 this evening were getting on a bus for 10 hours to the coast to catch a boat to ko samui. i am sad to be leaving bangkok. its such a cool place to be, the food which we get off the streets is so tasty and beyond cheap and you can but almost anything. but i am still looking forward to the islands. i met up with a friend i met in france and she wasy saying about the snorkelling as well as adam that it is absolutely incredible, hopefully ill be able to try diving aswell. i will tell you all about it next time!

lots of love to everyone x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb