Siam Paragon, Aquarium


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 23rd 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

There is sooo much to do in this city...
We thought we would visit the city's largest shopping mall for a look around called MBK. Wow we were shocked when we got there...London eat your heart out!!!
We had a rather funny experiance on our way there in our tuk-tuk. A really small tuk-tuk was driving opposite us, and had 3 really large men sitting in the back of it and only one really small thai man in the front driving it. When the thai man went to drive off, not realising how different the weight distripution was, he accelerated and erm yeah pulled a MASSIVE wheelie, making the tuk-tuk verticle on the road for about 2 metres! It was scraping so badly on the road that there were sparks flying everywhere, before the driver finally got control the of tuk-tuk and forced the front end back onto the road. The poor 3 men in the back looked TERRIFIED!!!!!!
Next to MBK, there is another huge shopping mall called Siam Paragon. We decided to go and see a film called The Time Travellers Wife, which is FANTASTIC. We did have to kanoe our way out of the cinema as Onie had flooded it with her tears!!! Word of advice : if you are planning to go and watch this movie...Wear a rain coat!!!!!
The cinemas out here are immacualte. There carpets are glorious and the coridors are very grande. The seats recline and are all bouncy from the amount of cushioning you get, and if you want to pay a bit extra you can have a V.I.P double sete and your own private table!!! You get waited on hand and foot when watching your film and the cinema screen itself is HUGE compared to the ones in england!!!!
After our film was finished we decided to visit Siam Paragon's Ocean Aquarium which is literally the size of Fairford!!! No Joke!!!
Even though the admission fee was quite exspensive, we got to see a 20min 4D film which was excellent, go on a glass bottom boat for half an hour around their massive indoor lagoon (which had everything from sharks and rays to catfish), walk throught miles and miles of underwater glass tunnels and we also walked around there gigantic sea life museum. It took us nearly 4 hours for to to get the whole way round, and we really really enjoyed it...
Well after all the excitment we felt pretty peckish...so figured we would go to the food-hall (which again is the size of England) where we both found ourselves in heaven!!! It did take us about 40 minutes to decide what to eat, as they sold everything from curry to bannana splits, stir frys to homemade pizza and soothies to toffie apples.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sand CrabSand Crab
Sand Crab

These crabs can grow up to 7 metres wide!!!


Tot: 0.416s; Tpl: 0.062s; cc: 12; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb