Bangkok Arrival


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 13th 2009
Published: September 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Departing from Prince George, BC on the 10th was a long trek to get to Bankok but when we arrived we thought we were set to explore, except once we landed here on the 12th, gathered our gear and went thru customs and into the taxi line at the airport we realized we had no idea what we were getting into. We found our first hotel the "sawasadee smile inn" and expected a suitable place to rest only to walk into a small box of a room with one double bed and a shower that spread the toilet and had ants crawling in it. It was our home for the night so we pulled out our sleep sheets and decided to grab food and explore, well we made food and then decided to go for a quick nap. our quick nap turned into a 4 hour experience where we just kept on sleeping until 6 am when I finally asked Allison if she was awake so we could plan the day. first things first we decided to find a hostel to move to not because of the hotel just to meet people and experience it differently. We moved to a great hostel near the canals and river that let us experience thao san market and river taxis.

The river taxi led way to our first tuk tuk driver experience as he looked more pedestrian that anything and wanted to tell us where the grand palace was, everyone was trying to get us to the grand palace, i decided a big feast must have been happening 😉. we went shopping and snagged some great deals and once again experienced our tuk tuk drivers by having to take one towhere we wanted only to have no one know where we actually wanted to go, in reality we merely wanted to make it to the last nights sleeping area for some great curry and beers, but we just kept ending up at the market with every other lost tourist. the lure of the city has lost its effect after a mere two days and we have plans to head north to the Ayuthaya province to see the old capital of thailand and the 'island' portion of it that will show ruins built on a island that is built at the confluence of three rivers. we will spend the night there and then continue south into the southern provies and ezxperience some of the culture in the south influenced from trading posts all around it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb