Heading North


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 26th 2006
Published: February 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

As i write this I am in Huampolong (?) train station in Bangkok awaiting my overnight train ride to Chiang Mai. Its been o.k. in Bangkok but i am ready to move on now and it seems there is a lot to do in Chiang Mai that i want to experience. Notably a three day trekking tour and a cooking class (which includes eating the food).

This past couple of days i took a tour boat ride along the river and into the canals, it was interesting as many of the canals include houses where people live, the houses seem to be of a very poor standard and seem like little more than wooden huts, some people werer seen to be swimming in the water outside their houses which is fine but when you look at the water in the river and canals it hardly seems like the cleanest water than one would want to be swimming in. I had bought a new disposable camera for this and i took some pictures (yes, i am too cheap to buy a real camera). One of the pictures was of a young guy strumming his guitar as i passed his house, as i took the photograph he waved at me, i don't know how this photo will turn out but if its good it will be a great one.

Also while on the boat trip the boat stopped and a woman in a canoe came up and tried to sell me her wears ranging from food to wooden elephants, i wasn't interested and indicated this but it was still some minutes before she realised i wouldn't buy anything and left.

The boat trip was cool and after that i went back to my hostel for the rest of the day.

At this hostel i seem to have spoken to a number of people and the vast majority seem to be people travelling alone, just tonight i was talking to a Dutch girl who has just arrived in Bangkok and i found myself talking to many others, this is good for me as i am not the worlds most sociable person but it gives me confidence that i can socialise which is cool (i also met a girl from Slovakia, the first time i have met a slovakian person - she also seemed nice).

Whenever the social aspect goes well i feel good so some work on this will always be a good thing.

Well then its now off to Chiang Mai, my train leaves in an hour or so and i have already been on the net here far too long so its time to go now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb