Books


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 26th 2006
Published: February 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am not normaly a big reader at home but while i have been travelling i have read more books that i normaly do, this is kind of inevitable as it is a way of winding away time on long bus rides and also gives one some entertainment as TV is not always available.

The most notable books i have read since beginning my travels are:

"The Little Prisoner" by Jane Elliot
"A beginners guide to changing the world" by Isabel Losada
"Final Scream" by Lisa Jackson
"Michael Moore is a big fat stupid white man" by David Hardy and Jason Clarke
"The Trigger" by Arthur C Clarke and (somebody)

Just thinking about some of these is interesting, but i have to comment abit on the first of them, The Little Prisoner is the most disturbing book ever, its the true story of the authors abusive childhood, and god, i thought i had a tough time as a kid, but i didn't compared to her. Also "Final Scream" is a novel that i read on two 14 hour bus rides, its not normaly the sort of novel i would read as its about murders and a love triangle between a girl and two brothers but it whiled away those bus rides pretty well. The only thing that annoyed me about it was the silly character names, which are so embarrassing i don't want to rpeat them here.

Finaly a quick comment on "Michael Moore is a big fat stupid white man", yes its really called that and if nothing else its good to see that there are people out there willing to express opposite views from what people normally tend to think. The expressing of alternative views makes the world a more interesting place anyway.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.5kb