Sight-seeing day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 26th 2009
Published: August 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On the Saturday I met my new tour group whom I would travel with for the next two weeks from Bangkok to Singapore. 14 girls and 1 guy and I was the oldest in the group!
On the Sunday we had a full day of sightseeing ahead of us. Starting with a breakfast of noodles and hot dogs (it was free so I'm not complaining). We took a short boat trip to visit 2 temples (see photos) and then walked to the reclining Buddha temple. It’s a huge golden Buddha lying down. It cost 50 baht/1 pound to get in. Next we went to the royal palace which contained a famous emerald Buddha inside. It was 250 baht to get in and in my opinion not really worth it as the temples were very similar to the ones in Cambodia. The funny thing was they are really strict about tourists covering up here and they lend the tourists funny sarongs and very bright Hawaii style shirts.
After this is started to rain so we headed to Khoa San Road again, the girls in the group did lots of shopping.
That evening we took a night train down towards Krabi. The night train was the best I have been on so far. The beds were lovely and actually clean!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb