Bangkok temples


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 28th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning we took a public taxi express boat that goes from hop to hop on Chao Phraya river. This is another means to bypass the traffic congestion in Bangkok. Our first stop was Wat Arun. After that we went to Wat Pho with giant reclining Buddha (46 m long and 15 m high)
http://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/attractions/watpho.php
The last temple we visited today is Marble temple or Wat Benchamabophit . Tuyen said that she only remembers "Marble temple" from the past. I liked Wat Pho the most whereas the rest of the family enjoyed Wat Arun. After the temples, we visited Vimanmek Mansion which is the world's largest building made entirely of golden teak.

After visiting 3 countries, we determine that China is the most expensive in terms of attractions entrance tickets and Vietnam is the least expensive.

We enjoyed eating tropical fruits in Thailand which are very cheap.

To disable alarm system on my van, you press the top right button and to arm it you press the top left button.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



28th July 2009

today, I bring di Quy and your Mom to Botanical garden and take nearly 20 photos .It is pretty sunny today . Do you go to see tiger living with Thai monks near Bangkok ? I just see them in photos. Also crocodile farms near Bangkok.Try to rest a little bit before flying back home .

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb