In Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We just arrived at our Radisson hotel in Bangkok. We stay in this hotel for the second time now thanks to our points collected with my stays in Sweden. The flight was delayed about 45 minutes due to late arrival of Air Asia to Tan Son Nhat. The weather is good today in Phu Quoc so we left on time. I was able to phone to chu Que and chu Ky as well as Thanh to say good-bye. Then we called Montreal, ba Tung, ba Hong, Luc and chi Truc. Only chi Truc did not answer. I think overall communications is pretty cheap in VN now. I paid $100.000 VND about $6 CDN for a prepaid card and I still have minutes left after calling to several places.

So our journey to Vietnam has ended. Overall, I think the family did enjoy the vacations except the fact that Nam had to stay in Hoi An hospital for 3 nights. We have traveled from North West with high peak mountain of Fan Si Pan, Sapa where we saw minority ethnic people and its beautiful rice terraces to the magnificient North East sea level Ha Long bay.

We have visited central Vietnam with UNESCO World heritage sites such as Phong Nha, Quang Binh, Hue, Lang Co, Da Nang, Hoi An. We have also stayed in Cam Lo, Quang Tri with our relatives for 2 nights, visited Vinh Moc tunnel so that we can compare with Cu Chi tunnel. We had good memories of Hoi An and its doctors who took care of Nam.

Then to the South where in Saigon Tuyen has met her relatives after 34 years absence and her mother native land Ben Tre where Tuyen saw nice canals and its fruit gardens.

We ended up in South West of Vietnam, Phu Quoc island where we escaped the noise of Saigon and enjoyed the sound of the waves.

Vietnam definitely has beautiful landscapes from mountains and seas where 50 children (ethnic people) went to mountain and 50 children (Kinh) went to sea according to our legends. Thanks to tourist industry, Vietnam's economy gets better.

Mai, Nam and myself like Sapa the most, probably it is our first time there. Tuyen seems to be impressed with Hoi An and Ben Tre.

Now we are in Thailand. We will leave our hotel early tomorrow to go to Chiangmai at 6:45 AM. We will tell you more about our journey in Thailand.


This is Mai:
Today i did not do anything.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd July 2009

Good summary and excellent conclusions of the text !I have been in Chieng Mai may be 40 years ago, which is a trip after a seminar in bangkok .Cô Xuân chu Hùng have been there .It is rather fresh out there . The ATR plane is very efficient: I fly from Vinh to Hanoi, from Hue to Saigon by this plane
23rd July 2009

Hi Tuyen, Long, Nam and Mai Sorry I missed your call; I talked to Ba, he seemed to be glad that you called; thanks. Chiang Mai is reputed to be beautiful so I am quite sure that your family of four will enjoy it. Radisson hotel is impressive too. I hope that your last week will be as memorable as the trip up until now.
23rd July 2009

Wish I could be there.:)

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb