ChiangMai first day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 24th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Chiangmai yesterday early morning about 8:00 AM. After check-in at the Best Western hotel, we hired a car to go to Maesa Elephant Camp where we first saw an elephant show and after that we had elephants rides for 1 hour through the forest and streams. It was a very good experience for us since it is our first time. This camp has a total of 78 elephants.

After the elephant camp, we went to see Baan Tong Luang Eco-Agriculture Tourism village where we saw 5 different hill tribes: White Karen, Karen Longneck, Lahu Shibalah, Palong Karen and Hmong. The Karens people used to live in Myanmar but now took refuges in Thailand whereas the Lahu and Hmong can be found in Laos and Vietnam too. The kids decided not to see the hill tribes and opted for Go-Kart.

Our last activity of the day is to visit Doi Suthep temple, a famous buddhist temple in Chiangmai. Sapa definitely has a much more beautiful terrace rice than Chiangmai.

It is now 6:30 AM here and after breakfast we will go to Chiang Rai not very far from Laos and Myanmar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



25th July 2009

Beautiful Chiang Mai
Hi Tuyen, Long, Mai and Nam As I have not visited Chiang Mai, it is a eye-opening to see great pictures of your family with the elephants and colorfully dresses ladies. You seem to have great weather too not like at Phu Quoc; maybe the Chiang Mai beach would be magnificent Truc
25th July 2009

what a journey ! elephant ride, Karen people .. You go to Chiang Rai by car ? Try to drive carefully . I think Chiang Rai is in that famous triangle people talk often. Ong Luong in Brossard told me he stays in Chieng Rai, and a taxi driver from Laos came and brought him to Luang Prabang, to Xieng Khouang visiting Plaine des Jarres, to Vientiane etcTomorrow, anh Nghia family leave here to SanFrancisco for 2 weeks while Luc and Tuyet will go to new York with a travel agency, along with your Mom and di Quy .Driving your car is pretty difficult; please tell me what I shoud do first . Since I turned the key for demarrage, it doesnot run but when I push the button AUX then after you put the key to drive .
25th July 2009

Mai had lost a lot of weight. You don't enjoy asian food? Hope that Nam enjoys go-kart. Take care. We are leaving for NY tomorrow and will come back on sunday with di Quy and mom.
26th July 2009

All members of our family go somewhere today: Luc, his wife your Mom are in New York; Lan and family is in Italy, Lien family in San Francisco, You are in Thailand !

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb