SAWASDEE KAA – WELCOME TO BANGKOK!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 6th 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Thailand! In Bombay Airport we had a bit of a nightmare, but we handled it really well as we had both finally submitted to India and let her win and just went with things! The flight was extremely bumpy and the seatbelt signs were on for almost all of the journey, but we did finally make to to Bangkok in one piece!

After a little mooch around, our first impressions of Bangkok were that it was absolutely massive! And so very clean and modern! The differences between Bangkok and India were immense, even though both places were still so different from home. Things were definitely a lot more chilled, and no one hassled us or asked us for money at all, even though we were both on guard waiting for them to! Tuck tuck drivers asked us if we needed a ride, and when we said no they left it! It took a little time to adjust to this pace of things after India and begin to relax!

The only place that we could try and compare the Ko San Road in Bangkok to, was the West End in Ibiza. There were travellers everywhere on the street and in the bars with neon signs outside, and it felt like a holiday destination. There were also a lot of Thai ladies with English men, laughing at their jokes and getting intimate in corners, as well as a few manly looking ladies. After hearing lots of stories about Bangkok, we were both quite surprised at the lack of seediness, Blackpool is much more smutty!

The food was also amazing. We met a lady who explained that it was a national holiday and so we managed to do a bit of sightseeing for free. We saw quite a few temples including the Golden Buddha and the Lucky Buddha. The people were so friendly and just seemed really happy that people keep visiting and enjoying their country. We also used quite a bit of public transport and really enjoyed the backstreet canals that, although a little stinky, were the quickest and quirkiest way to get around the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb