KO SAMET


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
July 9th 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We took a bus South of Bangkok to catch a boat to the Island of Ko Samet. We found a wooden hut next to the beach where we could see the sea. On the first evening we went for some food at a place called Jeps on the beach under some trees which was amazing! I've never eaten something so hot that my eyes as well as my nose were streaming, but it tasted so amazing that I kept going until it was all gone! I think I was also dribbling a bit. After going to a bar and playing some quite aggressive Connect 4, we met some lads from Hull and went to watch some fire dancers on the beach and had a few beers. On the beach there were some local people with paper lanterns with candles in to make wishes with and set off up into the night sky and it was quite the scene as they all drifted up. In our hut we were sleeping under a huge mosquito net, which felt like a bit of a den as we could see the mosquitoes trying to get in. One or two have bitten us, and I was surprised that you can actually feel them when they try and bite you! I keep catching them in the act! From lay in our den though, we could hear the sea and the wind blowing through the trees, it was quite the contrast from India!

Ko Samet was a really beautiful island. There were long beaches of white sand and the sea was completely clear. Where we were stying was really cheap as well, and the island is so small that you can literally walk from resort to resort in less than five minutes across the beaches and over the rocks into the next cove.

Another thing that we noticed was how cool the people of Thailand are, both in personality and style! Sat on the beach in the evening watching some fire dancers, we were people watching and they are the coolest nation of people we think!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb