Week 1 - Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 11th 2009
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

"Due to the flight being very full sir, im afraid we have had to upgrade you to premium" Not a bad way to start your year round the world. As much feww food and booze as you can handle. I was gonna go crazy but then i fell asleep for 7 hours, ah well.

Touched down in Bangkok around half 3 on Wednesday afternoon. Met some irish people (who else) on the plane, shared a Taxi with them to the hostel. Took a stroll down the madness of Kho San for some tea and a "few beers". Ended up after more than a few beers having midnight Tuk Tuk races with the Irish through the streets of Bangkok. Took a stroll around Chinatown, got a bit lost, got involved with the locals on the ferry. Saw some temples, once you've seen one, that sort of thing. Found the best dirty plastic tabled street restaurant serving unbelievable Curries. The tables were just kind of in the street so if something fairly big came along like a bus we all had to stop and mooch along a bit to let it pass, superb!

The meeting of Eamon



Having said goodbye to the irish on day 4 i happened to meet over breakfast Eamon. I'd noticed him a few days before. He basically spends everyday outside Gecko Bar Beer Chang'ing himslef into a stupor. His Visa was up the next day, he was trying to get to Guatamalla and he hadnt paid for his room. His solution to this seemingly worring set of problems was...booze. I sat down for a beer with him and got to bed 16 hours later beer Chang'ed out of my mind. Im still not sure what happened that night.

After that i decided it was time to leave Bangkok. I'd already overstayed my plan by 2 days and decided if i didnt getthe hell out me and Eamon might end up with a lotmore in common than i might like...

Oh yeah met another Welsh dude as well. Sooner than expected! A few years ago he'd tried to busk his way around the World in 80 days. Only using themoney he made busking to pay for his flights. He made London - Paris - New Your - San Francisco. Then he broke up with his girlfriend, overstayed his US Visa, spent a month in immigration prision and got deported back to London. Legend!

Have tried in vein to get some pictures on here. But due to this site being a tad rubbish and all the computers in Thailand having been borrowed from Bill Gates in 1987 its not happening. They're on facebook, even if your not i think the following link should take you to them

http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=271377#/album.php?aid=271377&id=853100159&ref=mf



Advertisement



13th June 2009

Good to hear that you're seeing all the sights of Bangkok - just a bit concerned that they all seem to be bars.......................
17th June 2009

Your turn to make a panad!
You're meant to try new things on your travels, dodgy curries and too many beers? sounds like home! Photos are fab. Bea

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb