The last stop, Bangkok - Thailand!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 5th 2008
Published: January 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Next stop - Bangkok!!

The last stop in Thailand before we head Down Under!!
A 12 hour bus journey from Chaing Mai and we are finally here - we did travel in style though!
The most luxurious bus we have ever been on, recylining seats that go back into a bed, foot rests, pillow, coffee,tea,food! Happy days!!

Eventually finding a hotel to stay in just off Koasan Road, after lugging our backpacks down a few streets we were ready for a quick bite to eat then bed!
Wrong!!
The travel world really is a small one - sitting in an internet cafe and the boys from Krabi walk in!! What are the chances!
Naturally a few buckets over a catch up was had and before we knew it we were having a late one! A great night and nice to catch up with the lads!!

The next day we thought we better get our tourist hats back on and go see the Grand Palace.
Hungover, hot, humid and really not in the mood we finally find the palace and realise that all you can actually see is the tip unless you pay to get in!
Grand n all, we are backpackers so a view over the wall will have to do!
A lovely palace indeed but after seeing the temples at Angkor Wat we couldnt help but be a little disappointed! eek!
The fact we got hurled abuse by some idiot german lady for wearing shorts didnt help the mood either!!
If you go inside the palace you need to cover up as a mark of respect, fair enough! But walking passed outside wearing shorts really isn't a problem...unless you are german and think shorts and a top is a bikini!
Cue Halliday rath and she was firmly put in her place!!

Feeling a bit travelled out and not having the energy to really explore Bangkok we decided to just chill out for the next couple of days!!

The next night we arranged to meet up with the lovely ladies we met in Koh Phangan who teach here in Bangkok! (Hi Lis and Dan!!)
Before we knew it, we were in a pub and a TANK of beer was being delivered to our table!
Oh yes, it's back to partying Koh Phangan style!
A few bars and a club later we found ourselves hungry and on the search for food!
Little did we know grasshoppers were going to sound very appealling!! YUCK!!
A bottle of Soya Sauce and a crispy fried grasshopper each and it's late night snack time!!
Crispy yet satisfying!!!
Dan and Rob thought they would go to the next level and try cockroach......yup COCKROACH!! eeeuuughhhhH!!!
Let's just say that didnt go down as well as the grasshopper!!
What a way to end a great night catching up!! hehe!
We love Thailand!!

Our last day here was spent at the famous MBK shopping centre - WOW!! Shoppers paradise!
A few pairs of "Diesel" jeans, a couple of tops,belts etc and we were ready to hit the land down under!!

Next stop - Sydney!!!

Lessons Learned:
*Buckets are lethal
*Grasshoppers have absolutely nothing in their heads but air
*Cockroaches are the DEVIL
*Obama is the new president!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb