here at last !!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after 27 hours of travel i am here 😊 Bangkok .

It started at 10 pm on the 19th in manchester taking a national express bus down to gatwick airport which arrived at 4 30 in the morning I went and found the check in desk , only to find it was downstairs in this tiny room and had 3 check in desks and it was all closed up with the lights out .

so i waited until about 6 and they appeared and i checked in for my flight at 10 p.s i never slept on the bus or in the airport. after waiting around the airport and getting frantic about my flight not being ready to board yet and realising that i was an hour off as i misread the clock i finally got called to my gate it took 5 minuted to get there , and when i did i found the oldest plane you ever did see !!!!!! it was definately from the mid 90,s and i thought it was going to be 7 hours of hell . As it turns out it turned out to be the greatest flight yet, there were a total of 19 people on this plane and i sat in the business class area with extra leg room and got a couple of hours sleep i was quite pleased.

I landed in oman and was to be stranded there for 5 hours with a free dinner voucher and a freind i made called alex from norway the time passed quite quickly.

then it came to board the plane again , and this time there were around 25 people on it and some had paid for business class so i had to go in a normal seat but i still had a whole row to myself 😊

the flight was quite uneventful and needless to say i got here safely and am now stayiing in the wild orchid hotel in bangkok which is pretty decent i stayed here before last time i came back in may . its a nice feeling to know were your going and not have to treck to find a place.

so the hard part turned out to be quite easu apart from not having a proper sleep which I will sort out when this has been written.

now there seems to be a small fact that i may have overlooked and has become a vit of a balls up in my plans. I may have forgot about vietnam and the fact I need a visa to get in the country and i can pay extra to get it next day delivery or wait 5 days ( guess which im going to go for lol )

so i now have to go and sort that out in the morning which should be amazingly fun aaaaahhhhh well lol the fun and games have begun already .


peace x

Advertisement



22nd November 2008

Toni, That is a great photo! Is it from you last trip there? When you write about your adventures, please describe how you communicate...how many people you meet know English, or how you work around the language issues. I'm very curious about that! Love, Laury

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb