back in bangkok...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 18th 2005
Published: December 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

bangkokbangkokbangkok

man &bldg
ãlana
we are back here in bangkok and dealing with the fact that we will be heading back home soon. this morning we were in chiang mai. we went up to see one of the kingś palaces up in themountains then headed to a temple, doi suthep. it was really beautiful, a nice way to end our stay in chiang mai. GO TO CHIANG MAI IF YOU ARE EVER IN THAILAND. stay at the baan orapin, it was so homey and sweet. we took a really great cooking class yesterday, made red curry paste, fried talapia (fish), panaeng curry, chiang mai curry, cold glass nooodle spicy salad, black rice pudding dessert, hot and sour vegetables. it was delicious and really fun.

now we are at the old bangkok inn,which is this cute little bed/breakfast type place in a very diffrerent part of bkk than we were in before. we had all sorts of adventures getting here. we got to the airport in chiang mai and bangkok airways told us we didn have seats on the plane, so jeff kept calm and dealt with the people while i freaked out on the side. haha. at least now its haha, at the
watch out!watch out!watch out!

very dancerous
time it wasn so funny...luckily, we got on the plane at the last minute. when we arrived in bkk we got a taxi and the driver acted like he knew where we were going but then he clearly did not and was trying to charge us too much and jeff was being calm and i was freaking out. hahha (but not at the time). anyway, we are here now and there is a computer in the room!!!! so now you get photos...

oh yea. tonight we ate at Saladang Cafe by Jim Thompson. Real tasty food. Our first curry, red curry, was so good that Jeff singlehandedly ate another bowl of delicious curry, green curry this time, and is now passed out as a result...heś proud. he reminded me to write that.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

yao yaiyao yai
yao yai

boats at low tide
yao yaiyao yai
yao yai

kids at a school on yao yai, excited tos ee us, yelling HELLO!! and rushing of to prayer.
yao yaiyao yai
yao yai

a fisher woman walking along the beach


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb