Hello Thailand and Laura! ...in Bangkok and Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 8th 2008
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BE WARNED: This may make you jealous, I am pretty much on a three week five star holiday now!


Arriving in Bangkok for my first stop in Thailand was a good start for my tour of south east asia, as it is very tourist orientated with seemingly more white people than Thai! But this was a nice safety net coming from India, as I wasn't afraid to eat out and have my first actual Thai green curry alone.





Bangkok was much cleaner, quieter and modern than i had been told by people, but then maybe this is because I am used to living in Bangalore. There was little pollution and smog and the infamous Koh San road was full of people, but in a relaxed way. There were sales people around but they wern't pushy. I was more amazed at the amount of big names like Mcdonalds and Starbucks (and the accompanying t-shirts!!).


After I went back to the airport to meet Laura (very very happy to see each other and pleased to have both got the right day and place!) we got a swish hotel room back at Koh San road. This is the start of our much awaited holiday! We met some friendly girls who gave us some advice about the islands, and met up with a friend of mine from uni which was lovely!





We managed to get to a drum and bass club and drank a mojito or two to celebrate our first night. We got a (FREE!) tuktuk and looked around the city the next day to see the lucky temple...





and the palace...





...and the usual tourist stop offs.








Giant gold Budha!








We then decided to go to Koh Tao first to meet Laura's school friends. The bus ride and boat ride to Koh Tao came to about 12 hours of sweating and freezing but it was worth it. The island was everything we had dreamed about in ideas of tropical paradise.


We got a 'taxi' (a monster truck like Dads/gypsys) to Sairee beach where we would spend the next few days, and we could soak up the gorgeous sunshine and the hot hot sea. We eat out three times a day on the amazing Thai food places which jut out above the waves and almost always have roll back cushions to lie on as you eat.





Such beautiful views at breakfast!








There is so much vegetarian food, I am spoiled for choice! In the evenings the beach turns into a kind of lone beach party as the beach bars spread out onto the sand with their seating, candles and fire throwers. The music is varied too but sometimes I do feel like I have invaded a private school gap year party... I cannot complain though, this is heaven afterall!











Our days in Koh Tao are mainly spent sunbathing and eating the most healthy and scrumptious foods ever, watching the clouds stroll by and the stars wink at us. We have not been very adventurous with massages or boat rides yet, we are literally doing Nothing and appreciating the holiday we have both worked all year for! Tomorrow morning we are heading to Koh Phangan, the party island, so hopefully we will be more daring and I will have more to write about. 😊


One of the many messages to darling Lammy that i send to him through the sand before the tide snatches them away...





I know he gets them! 😊


And now for the boring sunset shots... soooo lush I couldn't resist taking a million. Still can't quite believe I am in paradise. And that you can get horizontal palm trees! This is definitely what heaven is like. Love Koh Tao angels! xxxx




Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb