Last Day In Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 30th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

All Dressed UpAll Dressed UpAll Dressed Up

Dressed up and ready to go to the PLAY
Well this will be our last blog from Thailand. We leave in one hour to catch our plane to Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam (also known as Saigon). The last couple of days we have been taking it easy and arranging our travel plans for Vietnam. Yesterday, Nick and I went to the Asian Fine Art Gallery which was more like a mall with Jewelery stores, furniture stores, art shops and a couple of galleries. We ended up spending almost an hour in one gallery learning about the Native Thai painting call Rak it was amazing. Sadly we couldn't take picture of it but we got a free book. I'll be able to show you all when we get back. Each painting (if done properly) takes at least 5 months to do. Last Night Nick splurged and we went to see a play/musical about the different cultures in Thailand and their Buddhist beliefs. I can;t even explain in writing how spectacular it was. I don't think we will ever see a play that good ever again. There were live elephants, goats, chickens. Tons of traditional and ceremonial costumes, people on suspensions swinging across the stage throwing confetti, there was a river running through the stage that was pretty deep and it rained on the stage. It was by far the best live play I have ever seen. Of course we couldn't take pictures of that either so check out the website. It's www.siamniramit.com there's a couple of pictures on there to give you an idea of what we saw. We will keep you posted. It may take a us a couple of days before we update the blog again. Thanks everybody for your comments. We love reading them. MWAH!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb