No Pink, Red or Orange Please!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

When we booked our tour to Tiger Temple we were told "don't wear pink, red or orange as it upsets the tigers!"

We set off on the road at 7am and arrived at the bridge over the River Kwai 3 hours later, we'd spent the time travelling exchanging travel stories with Aiden from Ireland who was 1 month into his 12 month world tour.

As we walked along the bridge who should we bump into? Chris a teacher from work! Half way round the world and we still managed to meet up!

A quick lunch followed by a trip to a waterfall then Tiger Temple, The reason the tigers are so calm here is because the monks have hand raised them from cubs so they have no fear of humans and are not disturbed by people touching them. They tend to be sleepy during the heat of the day becoming more active by evening. The photos will tell the rest.

As we moved around we were continually changing mini buses and passengers by the end of the day we had had conversations with around 10 different nationalites, Irish, Danish, Mexican. Isreali, New Zealand, Australia, India, the list goes on . it was a really fun day.

Tomorrow we head of to Malaysia for some serious chill out island time! No internet access there so for the next week no more contact.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Prisoner of WarPrisoner of War
Prisoner of War

Well just a model really!


26th July 2008

Nice pictures!
Nice tiger pictures. The last one of dad looks like it is quite a young one. Were there any babies?
30th July 2008

no pink or orange please!
Yes there were babies too, when we get a good internet connection we will put more photos on, mum and dad xx

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb