Back where we started!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 1st 2008
Published: April 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am back in Bangkok now, got here last night, after a very bumpy journey from Cambodia. We left Siem Reap yesterday morning at 8.30 on a tiny bus. Me and Daniela thought that we would be getting on a bigger bus, but we never did. So as more people started getting on, the bags started piling up. Until eventually they were all stuffed down the aisle of the bus! Each time we wanted to get off the bus we had to climb over the seats, it was a actually quite funny! The road was so bumpy because apparently an airline is paying the Cambodian goverment not to tarmac the road to encourage people to fly. So it took us 6 hours to get to the border. On the Thai side, we had a much nicer bus, and they even played a film! We arrived in Bangkok at 8.30pm. It was funny coming back, I like it so much more now, I didn't feel so stressed out about it. We bumped into my friends, Izzy, Hannah and Charly, as we were walking to the guesthouse where they had reserved us a room! Our room is like a prison cell, but it's fine for sleeping in, I'm really not fussy anymore! It was great to catch up with them all, and good chatting to Iz and Hannah about Cambodia and Vietnam. Thailand feels so much more westernised coming back here after Cambodia. We are heading to the islands tonight, Krabi first. Got a 14 hour journey. I can't wait to chill out down there, as we have had a busy week of sight-seeing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb