First Blog of the Adventure!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 25th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys! Well here it is, the real begining of our Travel Blog! Containing just about eveything to keep you updated and to make you even more jealous! :-) Unfortunately it has to be a quick one so not sure how many pics i will be able to upload as we have to leave the hotel in 1hr to catch our 15hr Train journey up to Chiang Mai, and we have spent to long wandering around the Grand Palace and the Shopping Centre today! :-p Well, the pics will hopefully begin with a couple of our Travel mascot Nell @ the Airport, them onto the Hotel and the pool etc. There will be a few from the river which we have to cross on the hotels river taxi to get to the main city, and then onto some from yesterdays adventures at the Temple opf the Reclining Buddha and its grounds. It was amazing, I dont have my notes on how big the Buddha actualy is, but it is huge as you can tell from the pics! As you will also see in a couple of the pics, I have filled out the back of one of the roof tiles they are using to help restore the roof with a little message of wellbeing for eveyone :-) We then took a Tuk Tuk journey (hair raising to say the least!!) to the main Train Station to book tonights train journey. This went alot smoother than planned, and although we were only able to get a 2nd class coach, we are excited!! We then visited Wat Arun. Again I dont have my notes on what it was all about, but it was also pretty impressive, we climbed as far up the 82m high tower as we could, and as u can see from the pics it was dam high enough! There's then MORE pics from lastnight at the hotel, and many of the areas along the River. You will see how there is a real mix of major poverty mixed in with the riches of the hotels and tourism. The last pictures are from today when we visited the Grand Palace which is where the Emerald Buddah is held. Right, have to go, time is running out! Take care and love to everyone G & V xxx - Just finished uploading! Many pics missing but will post them wen were in Chiang Mai. As you'l see I forgot the 'covered shoulder' ruld on day 1 and had to wear a random scarf! Learnt my lesson n wore a t-shirt on day 2 at the Grand Palace! :-) Talk to u in Chian Mai!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th March 2008

Great to hear form you!
Hi there you two, Got the pics of Nell at the airport and having a shower and calling Mum to say arrived safely!! Sounds like you are having a great time. Long journey ahead for you but hopefully you can get some sleep on the way to Chiang Mai. Couldn't get any pics of you only the ones of Nell came through so far. Keep in touch and take care of yourselves. Fondest love from Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
25th March 2008

Scarf :-( !!
I didn't know that you had packed a 'Picnic Hamper' in your bergan but I must say the 'Blanket' you are wearing in the Temple is not from your normal line of attire. Blog soon Uncle Paul
25th March 2008

Looks fab !!
Hi Vic, Hi Guy....great pics Lovely to be able to see where you are, keep em coming. Luv u loads, Sue xxxxxxxx
26th March 2008

Jealous
Just a quick one you two, it looks to me that you are having a great time, and to make you feel better the weather here is freezing, and I am Jealous of the whole thing as I sit here at my desk. Anyway can't wait for more pics and blogs, take care of each other !! Love Luke

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb