Bangkok Baby!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 21st 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

My first blog entry of the trip!!! hope everyone at homes holding up well, i pretty much put my whole hotmail address book in the email list for this blog as wasn't too sure who'd wanna read this, so i apologies if ur not fussed about reading my rambleings. just let us know and i'll take ya off the list.

i arrived to the first port of call bangkok, after my 11 hour night flight from heathrow sufficiently tired, failing to sleep any of it despite poping double dose of nytol. Nytol i have to say is bollocks, i cant quite belive there allowed to sell it in the uk when it does actually nothing!!! i pretty much was sat there bang awake the whole time!! it wasnt too bad (i've got more gripes about nytol but i'll leave that for another time) as i had a gd old chin wag with the 50 something international playboy sat next to me going to meet his lady friend in sydney about the pros and cons of living in a place like aus and are joint smuggness about blagging the seats at the front with all the leg room. also watched juno which was actually really gd and u should check it out.

anyways on with the gd shizzle, once i arrived at the hostel, soi 1 which was really gd and would recommend if ur ever in bangkok, not really knowing what i was gunna do with my afternoon i wandered down stairs after showering and changing and got about 2 steps in to the common room and someone asked "wanna come see a park?" "yeah y not" and it turned out to be really gd!! i saw old thai women joining in mass aerobics, went on duck pedalos on the lake, saw a mahousive lizard under the bridge and the sun set over the buildings!! i had my first experience of thai food that night, i dont have a clue what it was called but basically it was chunks of fish fried that were cripsy on out side but well soft in side and served in a sticky tomato sause with cashew nuts! it was pretty gd i have to say.

my 2nd day in bangkok 5 of us from the hostel went and booked a bus and somewhere to stay in koh samui, which is where i'm writing this from. to try and find the recomended travel agent by the hostel ended up with 5 of us flagging down a tuk tuk, which was obviously made for 2 but somehow not quite sure how 5 us were in. i say in but c.k the english guy was hanging on for dear life half hanging out of the tuk tuk. it was quite amusing watching his face as the tuk tuk driver weaved in and out of the traffic!! that night a group of us went and watched some thai boxing, it was awesome, it was bassically a corregated shed with a boxing ring and local thai people cheering and jeering everytime a punch or kick landed!! it was so cool, i wanted to place a bet as u could see the thai waving there hands and using signals to plce them but yeah it was lost on me!! i was slightly disappointed there was no knock outs or blood but the fighters were still pretty brutal!!

i spent my final day before my night bus down to samui checking out the grand palace and reclinging buddha. the grand palace is surreal it doesnt look real!! its so colourful and the detail is insane, all the buildings are covered in tiny colourful and mirror tiles that make it look really cool!!! i did enjoy wandering around.

sheeeeeiiiiit man i've wittered on. bangkok is crazy, it's so busy and never stops, we sat in a traffic jam at 10 at night, wots all that about!! the thai also dont do suttle, if there trying to sell something make as much flash and noise as possible and bassically bangkok is covered in neon signs and people who if u look at there goods more than once start going "u buy, special price, only 200 bhat". the 3 days i was there were quality but i'm glad to be at the beach, as you cant chill in bangkok! tonights the full moon party, UK RAVER!!! about to leave to get a boat over to phan gan for it, err party time!!

have a gd one everyone!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb