Pahurat Market


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 5th 2005
Published: October 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Pretty sari!Pretty sari!Pretty sari!

There were tons of beautiful sari's and traditional thai outfits.
Today, I had a mission.

Jeffrey's class has been studying the country of India since the beginning of the term. This study will end with India Day in their classroom next week. They will perform an play about India, they have chosen Indian names (Jeffrey has chosen "Kartikeya" which means "God of War") and they are going to wear Indian clothes.

Which presented a slight problem, since India-wear hasn't been a normal part of Jeffrey's wardrobe.

So, today I went to India town (next to Chinatown) and went on a shopping expedition while the boys were at school.

First, I took a taxi to the skytrain.
Then, I took the skytrain to the river Chayo Praya.
Then, I took a water taxi on the river (11 bht, about a quarter).
Then, I got off the water taxi and walked through Chinatown to India Town.

I went to the big textile market called Pahurat Market. It was very interesting, all of the bolts of fabric that one could imagine, thai dancers costumes, lots of little girl dress up clothes (think cinderella dresses) with sequins and tulle, and of course, children's Indian outfits. There were lots of other India things like jewelry, dots to put on one's forehead, and incense as well. Very cool.

He looks pretty darn cute in it, no?


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th October 2005

Hi Aunt Robin!!
This is really cool. Looks like you guys are having a great time. I miss you guys but at least i can stay tuned to your adventures!! Love, Nic
8th October 2005

I love it!
Jeffrey looks terrific! Sounds like a fun expedition for you! :o)

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb