WE Made it Through the Flight and Our First Day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 15th 2007
Published: November 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After our 13 hour flight to Hong Kong, and our 3 hour flight to Bangkok, (which was delayed by an hour because they had to check the landing equipment.....ummm scary!), we finally made it into Bangkok. It was 11 am here but about 8pm back home in Vancouver when we landed, we were definitely jet lagged. We made our way out to the street to grab a taxi, and the adventure began. He definitely tried to run a fast one on us, pulling over on the side of the highway to tell us about a different way that he wanted to take us to Khoa San Road...."this way you won't have to pay the tolls, I will just keep the meter off" might have been totally legit but we decided that we would get the meter put on and not be taken through the ringer.

Travelling at an average of 130k on the side of the highway, weaving in and out of the other cars we somehow safely made it to Khoa San and to our hotel. After having to switch rooms 3 times either because the air conditioning or the locks were broken (both of which we were paying a premium to have) we finally got our room that seemed like a dream when we woke up safe and sound this morning.

We spent the rest of the day wanting to buy everything we came across, thinking OMG this stuff is 10x the price in Vancouver, being told by taxi drivers "5 baht I take you all across Bangkok"ya right....., eating the most amazing pat thai, getting a thai massage, ate some more, tried to stay awake walking around like zombies so we could get onto Bangkok time and finally a good nights sleep.

We are going to do some touring around town today to get into Thai culture, b/c Khoa San is seriously tourist row.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Toilet Paper?Toilet Paper?
Toilet Paper?

Seriously, how many other peoples bums have been an inch away from this things?


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb